In the Learning Academy Partnership, we are committed to providing high quality opportunities for all and provision that enables our children to be fully included in all aspects of their education and to achieve their potential.
We believe in an inclusive environment where the child is at the heart of everything we do. We value the importance of the parent partnership and working collaboratively to deliver a range of support that meets the needs of all learners.
We recognise that the education of children with or without special educational needs is underpinned by high quality teaching and compromised by anything less.
Communication and Interaction
Torbay Council SEN Early Years Resources
Torbay Speech and Language Therapy
What is Autism? Autism is a lifelong, developmental disability that affects how a person communicates with, and relates to, other people and the world around them The National Autistic Society
Cognition and Learning
- Parent / Carer – The information contained within this section looks at indicators of specific learning difficulties, as well as supporting your child both at home and within the education system to ensure that they achieve the best possible outcomes. British Dyslexia Association
- Eyes and Dyslexia – On this page you will find information regarding: Visual Stress, Finding a specialist practitioner, Resources, Aids for visual stress, Further reading. British Dyslexia Association
- About Dyspraxia – Dyspraxia, a form of developmental coordination disorder (DCD) is a common disorder affecting fine and/or gross motor coordination in children and adults. Dyspraxia Foundation
- Dysgraphia Help –What is dysgraphia? The subtypes of dysgraphia. The causes of dysgraphia. How to identify dysgraphia. How can dysgraphia be overcome? About Dysgraphia
- Dyscalculia – Dyscalculia is usually perceived of as a specific learning difficulty for mathematics, or, more appropriately, arithmetic. British Dyslexia Association
Social Emotional and Mental Health
- Children and young people – Gives information about where children and young people can get support with a mental health problem. Mind – the mental health charity
Physical and Sensory
- Hearing Impairment – Help and information for the one in six people in the UK who have some degree of hearing impairment or deafness. Disability charity Scope UK
- Visual impairment – Information on blindness and visual impairment and list of support organisations. Disability